Match Reports - Week 11

By Ant Barlow

Saturday 13th November 2010

Premier Division
In the Premier Division’s only match, AC Finstock humbled the mighty Combe in a fantastic 5-1 win over the team, who prior to this defeat, had won all of their other games. Ashley Overton led the charge with a sublime hat-trick with Sam Bowers and a Gary McKinnon wonder goal completing the rout. Shell-shocked Combe replied courtesy of a Matt Baker penalty.

Division One
Dan King and Matt Howard scored for Brize Norton in their 2-2 draw with table-topping FC Chequers. Dan Harwood and Ryan Hewer found the back of the net for the visitors.

FC Mills and Witney Wanderers also drew 2-2. Steve Lyon scored a brace for the hosts with Charlie King and Martin Jones replying for Wanderers.

Division Two
Simon Williams re-found his scoring touch for Southrop in his sides exciting 5-5 draw with Brize Norton Reserves. Andy Blissett and Andy Drury netted the other whilst Ollie Puddle (2), Rob Hook, Jex Morgan and Craig Bruce all netted for Brize.

Wootton went down 2-0 to Witney Royals Reserves. Dan Andrews and Neil Barret scored the winning goals.

Charlbury Town Reserves beat Milton 6-1. Carl Siford grabbed a hat trick with Paul Simmons, Rob Appleton and Robbie Timms netting the others. Adam Wallington scored for the hosts.

Ducklington A and Middle Barton share a point each after their 2-2 daw. Mark Hawkins and Jason Hirschfield scored for the hosts with Rob Davis and a Mark Eaton own goal levelling the tie for the visitors.

Division Three
John Ayres helped himself to a six goal haul in Eynsham SSC’s 12-2 demolition of FC Mills Reserves. Phil Tierney and Shaun Brown got on the score sheet for Mills for what it was worth whilst Max Leach scored a hat trick to add to Ayres total. Chris Leach (2) and a Matt Walker penalty finished the scoing.

Tackley beat Witney Royals A 5-2. The hosts took the lead through a long range Simon Cheser effort and a Martin Webb strike, but Tackley turned things round in the second half with goals from the lively Mohan Ajlan (2), Craig Broome, Richard Hatton and Jacob Cooke.

Former division leaders West Witney;s slump continued as they went down 3-2 to North Leigh. Jamie Goodwin scored twice for the hosts, but goals from Paul Oakey, Craig Horne and a Simon Winstone own goal settled the tie.

Chipping Norton Reserved drew 2-2 with Kingham AB Reserves. Mikey Roberts Jnr scored for the hosts with Jonty Russell netting for Kingham .

Division Four
Carterton Pumas now remain the only side in the league with a 100% record in tack. Their most recent victory was courtesy of goals from James Brown (2), Keiran Lace, Simon Gordon, William Andrews and Dan Chillington who all scored in their 6-0 win over Ducklington B.

Jon Room grabbed a third hat trick in as many games in Eynsham A’s 7-3 win over Spartan Rangers A. Jamie Merry also scored 3 with Sam Jones getting the other.

Matt Herbert, Kevin Webb and Ollie Bush scored the goals for visitors Wychwood Forest Reserves in their 6-3 defeat by FC Hollybush. Paul Dray, Ali Laing and Dan Smith each grabbed a brace for the hosts, to take all three points.

Corinthians picked up only their second win of the season and leapfrogged their opponents after a 3-0 win over Combe Reserves. Darren Mobey (2) and Karl Indge with the telling goals.

Fred Ford Cup
Third Division Freeland produced the shock of the round as they beat Chipping Norton Town from Division one 4-3. Sam Burton scored twice in the win with Neil Swann and Steve Carvey adding. Warwick Thompkins, Arrun Witham and Andy Watson replied for Chippy but it was not enough.

North Leigh A thrashed AFC Marlborough 5-0. Jason Lonsdale, Sam Doherty, Loyd Lewis, Luke Simmonds and Max Godwin all got in on the rout with a goal a piece.

Stanton Harcourt went down 4-2 to Chad Park. George Slatter grabbed a hat trick as Josh Vaughan added the other. George Woodcock and Martin Cripps replied for the hosts.

Wychwood Forest knocked out Aston 2-1 with Mike Duerden and Michael Bolt getting the goals. Dan Isherwood scored the goal for Aston.

Spartan Ranger repeated their league win over Witney Royals with a 4-2 victory. Dave Cross scored twice against his old side as Matt Sweirgon and Matt Townsend got the others. Steve Green and Jamie Kennedy replied in vain for Royals.

Hanborough and Hailey needed extra time to find a winner. Richard Rouse (2), John Sutton and Liam Harris eventually saw off the visitors in a match that ended 4-3. A n injury hit Hailey side replied though Ryan Pratley, Perry Tinson and Joel King.

Minster Lovell came from behind to beat Two Rivers 5-3 in a thrilling match. Bartek Lachwiz and Pawel Bronk put the hosts ahead at half time with Pawel Kulczyk getting the third after the break. However a brace from Lee Travers edged the game back into Minsters favour with Ed Dunn, Courage Nyenya and Nathan Harriss putting the result beyond doubt.

Charlbury Town beat Kingham AB 3-1. Tony Bott, Sean Gilbert and Bruce Claridge scored for the hosts with Sam Philpott replying for Kingham.

Jack Busby Cup
In the Jack Busy Cup, Aston cruised through to the next round after soundly beating Spartan Rangers Reserves 8-1. There were hat tricks for Steve Evans and Tim Green with Dan Godden and Simon Isherwood adding. Luke Fry scored Spartans solitary goal.

Pete Andrews (2), Mark Stinchcombe and Scott Akers all scored for Hanborough in their 4-2 win over Ducklington Reserves. Stu Cutts and John Clarke scored for the hosts.

Minster Lovell Reserves drew 3-3 with Hailey Reserves after 90 minutes, but went on to win 5-3 in extra time. Liam Crawford, Mike Ryan, Collis King and Peter Hanley all added to an own goal which saw off the visitors. Stu Morrisson and David Weetman were amongst the scored for the unlucky visitors.

Where next?

Match Reports - Week 12 Saturday 20th November 2010
Match Reports - Week 10 Saturday 6th November 2010

Latest photos

1st's Vs Charlbury
6 photos
1st's Vs Charlbury
My Photos
47 photos
My Photos
14 photos

Witney & District FA newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.